Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Woah Deer

It was 55 degrees and sunny today with a wind that nipped but didn't bite. I donned my pink vest and went for a lunchtime walk. As I went up the path behind the upper building's parking lot and near the woods I heard rustling. I stopped. I looked up towards the noise and I had surprised 5 deer and made them scatter into the woods. As they bounded away I paused and watched them and then I sped up the hill to see if I could keep seeing them as they ran away. I was able to still see one. But they had fluttered away in a flurry. I thought it rather neat to see so many deer, and then I felt bad that I had interupted their day.

I continued my usual quick pace walk and followed most of my usual route but expanded it up the hill a bit and then down the hill on the other side of the street. I tried to soak up as much sun as possible. It is amazing how I can feel the energy the sun gives me and the happiness it produces. It literally and figuratively brightens my day. I enjoyed the sun and this Janu-FANTASTIC day for about 17 minutes; total walk including the stairs: 17:55. Total Walk: 1.0. Back at my desk I got to enjoy the dampness of my shirt on my back and under my arms; glad I had on a sweater so people couldn't see my sweat.

After work it was 57 degrees and so I waited for Ryan to come home and then we went to the track. While Ryan did his quick laps I did a fast mile in 7:58 followed by a jogged mile - and finished the last part of the final lap backwards to catch up to Ryan's walking lap - I made sure to even out the lap to get a full second mile in. Total Workout: 2.0  miles in about 18 minutes (I had the final straight away left at 17 minutes and then forgot to stop my watch). It was nice and there were patches of warm air and the breeze was more warm  than cool. A delightful night to be outside and moving! Once the weather gets crummy again I can at least feel comfort in the fact I went outside on this nice night.

Later while watching The Biggest Loser I did some circuit training with my 5lb weights - including100 crunches and 40 push-ups.

New Miles: 1.0 + 2.0 = 3.0
Total Miles: 630.0
Miles Remaining: 870.0
Weight: 137.4

No comments:

Post a Comment