Saturday, January 28, 2012

The on time Birds get the Worm

Up nice and early and got my 2 mile walk/run in 23:31 391cals 1%. Before and after my run I was distracted by the robins and other birds out of my living room window in the holly bush. The fact I have a brand new camera also contributed to my distraction - I played with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX47 and watched the birds. And then I got back to business and got 10 minutes of circuit training in - including 100 sit-ups, swimmers with 5lb weights (something from the Beginner's Workout), high knees, lunges, 10 squat-thrusts, 20 push-ups.

(My downfall weight-wise was that last night I went to Mad Mex, ate 3/4 of a Pepita Hummus and drank 2 beers. I suffered consequences later too when I suffered from indigestion all night.)

As the day wore on I found things to occupy my time but apparently not enough to occupy my energy, and so around 5:30 feeling energetic, and almost ready to take the shower I was due to take, I decided to run. I walked/jogged a lap then did a lap at 6.5 then the next at 7.5 then I repeated the 6.5 then 7.5 back to 6.5 then 7.5 back to 6.5 then down to 5.5 and finally a lap at 4.3. Total Workout: 2.5 miles in 24:46 392cals 1%. I followed that up with some singing of Taylor Swift as I lifted the 2lb weights during some squats I did while on the Gold's Gym balance board.

Mo's Motivating Songs: Guster "Amsterdam" and The Flaming Lips "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song"

New Miles: 2.0 + 2.5 = 4.5
Total Miles: 623.0
Miles Remaining: 887.0
Weight: 137.4

No comments:

Post a Comment