Sunday, January 8, 2012

You're such a Harper

My 6 Bob Harper DVDs arrived in the mail Friday evening and this morning I got up to watch and workout to one of them. I picked "Beginnger's Weight Loss Transformation" since in terms of cardio and weightlifting I indeed am a beginner. I have past experience with following my soccer off season training plan and I have been doing workouts here and there but in terms of being able to do whatever someone else tells me to do at the pace they want me to do it in - well I am a novice.

I awoke at 8am to do my first Bob workout. And after 30 minutes... I finally had the DVD player hooked up properly so I could start. And after 45 minutes of a warm-up-workout-cooldown I was pretty exhausted.  Some of the moves were comparatively easy but others were hard for me. I really have issues with the mountain climbers - I can't get my legs to stay straight as I reach to the floor. And the thrusters were more like lacklusters when I got ahold of them. I learned my arms are not very strong; I could do several things with my 5lb weights but I did have to enlist the 3lb weights for some of the exercises. There were many times I had to hold a position and found myself giving myself mini breaks to just regroup. It was definitely cheating on the workout - since the point is to be uncomfortable and push  yourself. With a split second break when holding a pose I was able to finish out the set. I believe a good goal for myself is to someday be able to do the whole DVD with no mini-cheats and at the pace they do everything.

With one Bob Harper workout under my belt I feel tired but good and excited to be on this path of greater fitness, and also scared. Scared that I will not be able to do the workouts and scared I will give up. Hopefully excitement wins the day. And if not excitement then hopefully my desire to get fit wins over being scared.

Here is my new Bob Harper arsenal:
1) Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation
2) Total Body Transformation
3) Ultimate Cardio Body
4) Totally Ripped Core
5) Inside Out Method: Kettlebell Cardio Shred
6) Inside Out Method: Pure Burn Super Strength
(With titles like those who is not simultaneously intimidated and excited?)

After a nice late morning/early afternoon with my family at home and at Starbucks, Ryan and I went and ate some delicious German food with my aunt and uncle. Additionally we drank some beer. When I got home at 5:15 I wanted to do my 2.0 miles for the day. Ryan told me it I had already worked out for the day and didn't need to run, but I wouldn't be living up to my resolution without getting my two miles in. My legs were tired and they were happy doing nothing. But between my want to do two miles and the beer I had the desire to do the distance. So I walked 2.0 miles at 4.3mph in 28:05 326cals 1%.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 572.5
Miles Remaining: 927.5
Weight: 139.4 (at the time of the morning workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment