Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just Lose It!

While Ryan made delicious turkey chili I hopped on the treadmill. I did 1 warm-up lap then ran .5 at 6.5. Then I did 20 box jumps - quick followed by 10 more but facing left then 10 more facing right and jumping sideways up the step. I then ran .5 at 6.5. And repeated the box jumps except this time I focused on jumping as high as possible. It was very exhausting. I ran another .5 at 6.5 then did another round of high box jumps. Then I did a cool down lap for a total of 2.0 miles in 20:58 315cals 1%.

Then as I watched The Biggest Loser I did some weightlifting. Various reps and sets with my 5 lb weights (10lb total) - I didn't count how many but I did a lot over the course of the 1.5 hours. I also did 100+ high knees while holding the 10lbs extended out and bringing my knees up to them. Followed by 100 bicycles.

Also today I checked out the Lose It! app I downloaded on my new Kindle Fire. I can set a weight loss goal and then track the food I eat and also track my exercise. I know many a calorie counter can do such things but I have never before been interested in doing so. So the Lose It! app has me excited to start tracking my food intake and exercise and make me take better note of what I am doing. I hope to keep up my interest and using it so that I hold myself accountable. But I need to remind myself to do what I can but not worry too much about it. Yes I would like to lose some weight (and I set a goal of 130.0lbs since that would make me happy and picked a target of losing 1 lb per week) but I need to keep that as a nice bonus to my overall fitness plan. I must focus on doing what is best for me - so I will run and weight train and do some cross training and continue to watch what I eat - but do it all with a little more tracking.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 576.75
Miles Remaining: 923.25
Weight: 140.0

No comments:

Post a Comment