Saturday, January 21, 2012

Up and Running

Up and running around 9 I walked a lap (4.3) then ran a lap (6.3) then walked one minute then ran again for a few laps then did a mini-walk break followed by more running and eventually I got myself moving for at least 3 laps without walking then I cooled down for the final part of my final lap. I listened to NPR news to for my workout. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 32:00 473cals 1%.

Still with energy I put on the Beginner's Workout DVD and skipped the warm-up and did the first 21 minutes of the workout - building up a good sweat and making me feel good to do a little more.

I showered and enjoyed being nice and clean, but afterwards I realized I had meant to also shovel the 4 inches of snow from our driveway. Ryan said he would get to it but before he did I became too bored/too restless/too impatient and so I changed and shoveled it. It took 50 minutes and the snow was heavy so it was difficult but my singing mentally to myself of "Every day I'm shovelin' " helped get me thru it. My arms feel much stronger now, well weak and tired, but I am sure after they recover they will feel much stronger.

I followed up this workouty day with a super huge dinner with family at the Olive Garden.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 603.0
Miles Remaining: 897.0
Weight: 137.2

No comments:

Post a Comment