Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resos and Plyos

An unspoken semi-resolution for the month of January is to do 2.0 miles per day. I am not sure if I really want it to be a resolution or not, but since I found myself 4 days into the month and having successfully done 2.0 miles each of the previous 3 days I figured I should keep this up in the event I do want to turn this into a monthly resolution. Though I am scared because (a) doing 1.0 mile/day in November was difficult and (a) because January is 31 days long. But I am encouraged by the fact I was able to do a similar thing before -so now I just have to commit to the same effort of actually trying to walk/run and I am sure I can manage to get 2.0 out of me.

I started off with a .25 mile warm-up walk and then some light stretching. I then ran .25 at 6.5mph and stopped for some plyo fun: 10 squats, 20 box jumps (only 6" because I only have a step to do this on), 10 forward lunges-alternating legs, 10 backward lunges-alternating legs and then I ran another lap at 6.5mph. After each lap I repeated the plyos. So I started with 2 laps at 6.5mph followed by 2 laps at 6.7mph followed a lap at 7.5mph and I did almost half of another lap at 7.5 but then bumped it up to 8:00mph for the final half-a-lap. I did one last set of plyos (making that 6 total sets) and then I walked a cool down lap at my standard 4.3mph. Total Workout: 2.0 miles in 20:21 314cals 1% + the plyos.

I rolled out the yoga mat on the living room floor and did 100 crunches, 2 sets of 20 bicycles, and 2 sets of 10 push-ups.

Most Motivating Song: Styx "Renegade" (it took me back to working out in college; it was a key pump-up song for me so many times)

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 562.75
Miles Remaining: 937.25
Weight: 139.8

No comments:

Post a Comment