Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Many Excuses

Before The Biggest Loser Season 13 started I got onto the treadmill and I got in 2.5 miles. I walked .25 then ran .5 at 6.5mph, walked for half a lap, then ran until mile 2.25 at 6.5mph. Then I cooled down for .25. I completed the 2.5 miles in 26:06 394 cals 1%.

I then finished running and brought my weights into the living room and set up shop in front of the TV. For 2 hours I did light working out - 100 crunches, 4 sets of 10 of both the 20lb sumo deadlifts and thrusters. I did 5 sets of 10 push-ups and 100 bicycles (a rep of both legs count as 1). As the show started I had to laugh because the theme of this season is "No Excuses" which is the opposite of the thought I had before I got running. I had thought to myself "Wow I am really good at making excuses to not do a thing I told myself I wanted to do." Such as going to the actual gym during The Biggest Loser and working out. What excuse did I use to myself? That the first episode is more of a 'get to know the people' episode and it wouldn't be the best for working out. Though as I started lifting I realized I actually could never watch the show at the gym around other people who are not Ryan because (a) I cry a lot while watching it, (b) I often yell at Dolvett to stop winking at people, (c) I laugh when Bob yells at people to not stop moving, and (d) I get annoyed when the scale beeps and beeps and beeps and so I yell even more at the TV. Now that I've written that all out I believe I discovered I may have some issues with my TV relationship more so than just being good at making excuses.

After I stopped working out I rewarded myself with a beer and ate the final two Christmas cookies we had lying around. Followed up with more multi-tasking by the TV - watching TV and working on on 2012 budget. (This is what nerds like me do for fun!)

Most Motivating Song: Taylor Swift "Picture to Burn"

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 560.75
Miles Remaining: 939.25
Weight: 139.2

No comments:

Post a Comment