Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kneed to Listen

This morning as I fought off listening to the alarm clock I could tell my right knee was not happy. I focused on extending my leg and not putting it at any awkward angle. It is not good if my knee pain is back. I know I have been over doing it recently, so I need to listen to my knee and make sure I let myself rest as much as I need to rest. Maybe I can subtract some knee bends and focus on holding my legs in non-aggravating positions while I sit at my work desk for 8 hours -since I have a tendency to slouch and then prop my legs up and put stress on them.

So I made it thru the work part of my day and came home to a determined light night on the treadmill. I walked 2.0 at 4.3mph in 27:59 326cals 1%. The whole time I listened to the radio via my Kindle Fire and also decided to browse for free ebooks. I did get quite absorbed into scrolling thru the free books that the 2.0 was over in no time and I didn't notice my knee hurting at all. The problem with that though is that I wasn't paying attention to whether or not my right knee was telling me to stop. So hopefully it wasn't because I truly don't want to make it worse, though I'm also a bit stubborn in giving up meeting my Monthly Resolution (which in case you haven't noticed I did decide to make it a 2-mile-per-day- minimum as my monthly resolution).

Afterwards I sat down to a yummy healthy meal Ryan cooked. He is encouraging my Lose It! tracking and has always been supportive of my working out and eating right. While we ate he informed me he wants to also make sure he tracking what he eats and how much he works out because he wants to lose some of the post-Gaelic football season weight he has put on.

The one complaint I have with tracking my intake rather than just trying to be conscious of what I am eating is that I see the list of what I've eaten and I see all the calories. Calories add up fast even when you eat healthy and eat low-calorie foods! And so this is making me pause before eating a yummy unhealthy snack or grabbing a beer. And it makes me sad. I know this whole thing is self-imposed and self-guided so there is no real reason why I can't enjoy those things (other than if I wanted to be the healthiest I can be I shouldn't enjoy those things), but it is giving me pause and making me think more (too much) about everything I want to enjoy.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 578.75
Miles Remaining: 921.25
Weight: 140.4

No comments:

Post a Comment