Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Playing with Fire

Back home from my work trip I got onto the treadmill - and while I listened to NPR I walked at 4.3mph and also played Fluffy Relaxation mode on the Fire. I eventually got so distracted that I had walked over 2 miles by the time I looked up again! And so I opted to play another round of the game and go til I finished it again - and I never looked up until I had walked 3.5 miles! At that point I knew I had gone far since I was getting tired and sweating a lot thru my hoodie. I put the Fire down and just walked to NPR news. Knowing I was definitely doing 4 miles I decided to go a bit further and have myself do 4.25 miles. Total Workout: 4.25 miles in 59:22 692cals 1%.

Since I am now more conscience of my calorie intake and am tracking it closely I am struggling with whether or not to trust my treadmill or go with my Lose It! app's calculations. Because NordicTrack is telling me I did 692cals and Lose It! says my walking burned me 325 - a bit of a difference! I am hoping then that the 1% incline I am walking at is what is accounting for at least some of that difference. I am tracking it as what the treadmill tells me since I have been using those numbers the whole time of this journey. And I shall pray it is accurate enough because what I eat and drink after depends on it. If I want to lose weight I need to not surpass my calorie limit for the day - and so if I am wrong with what my calorie output is I risk over doing it on my calorie input (I will incorrectly think I can afford to drink that beer I want.) Though I am sure if I looked hard enough to find an article that tells me the exact opposite  of what this "article" does - I am going to go with this information as accurate: NordicTrack Treadmill Calorie Calculation

New Miles: 4.25
Total Miles: 596.0
Miles Remaining: 904.0
Weight: 138.0

No comments:

Post a Comment