Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day!

Because "real life is for March" I celebrated my Leap Day by wearing blue and yellow. Ryan celebrated by poking me in the eye and pulling my hair even though I was wearing blue and yellow. Basically today was spent trying to make the 30 Rock Leap Day episode a reality. I am pretty sure in 4 years all the faux traditions will be real things.

In the evening I grabbed martinis with some girlfriends and hung out. Then when I got home I had a lot of energy and wanted to get a run in. Unfortunately my right knee didn't cooperate and running caused a sharp pain. Fortunately walking didn't hurt. I am not sure what happened - but when I went to leave work today and walk down the stairs I must have tweaked it somehow because I took step and it hurt. Taking full steps hurt and so I gingerly walked to my car. I was grateful that when I did go to work out I was at least able to walk.

So walking wasn't a crazy, unusual thing for me to do on this Leapiest of Days - but being able to say I got some miles in on Leap Day made my day feel really special. (Even if I squeaked it in at the very end of the day.)

Total Workout: 2.0 miles in 27:25 313cals 1%.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 702.25
Miles Remaining: 797.75
Weight: 134.0

No comments:

Post a Comment