Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fresh Air

Early in the day I planned on going on a lunch time walk as it was to be sunny and warm. The timing was perfect since I desperately wanted to get away from my desk and the weather was perfect 49 degrees (though the "feel like" was said to be 45). The sun was sunny, the clouds were puffy, the breeze was light and I had on my shiny silver flats to walk. I wore my jacket but I quickly felt too hot in it. I did a 1 mile loop and enjoyed the freedom. I didn't feel completely satisfied with my time outdoors but I did manage to propel myself back inside, upstairs, and to my desk.

The "Hello" count got up to 2. So all-in-all a successful walk.

I sat down feeling really hot and sweaty but was re-energized. Not so much re-focused on work but that comes one step at a time, just like my walks.

I was a bit stressed out after work so I got home to work out the stress by working out. I warmed up and then ran at 6.5 for a lap, did half a mile at 7.5, then I walked a little, then I ran again at 8.0, walked some then picked up the pace again to 8.0 - I did about 3 laps at 8.0mph. Then I ran at 8.5mph (7:03 mile pace) for a lap and a half. Then I ran at 6.0 for a bit too cool down and then I walked a cool down lap. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 28:49 451cals 0%.

Various songs got me to focus and really force out the feelings of stress. Some good ones were Christina Aguilera "Candyman" and Avril Lavigne "Sk8r Boy". I then stood around and found some good songs on my iPod to sing really loudly. I did 20 push ups non-stop and got those out pretty fast. I grabbed the 20lb kettlebell and did 10 sumo thrusters and then 10 throws per arm. I then got the 15lb-er and lifted that for an upright row many times, put it over my head and did a forearm press for a good many reps. Then when I was all done with that I did 100 crunches. And I felt a bit better.

New Miles: 1.0 + 3.0 = 4.0
Total Miles: 687.25
Miles Remaining: 812.75
Weight: 133.0

No comments:

Post a Comment