Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Friendly Run

Last week my friend made plans with me for us to go running together and tonight was the night. Of course the weather forecast was promising and as per usual the actual weather was not very good - it snowed, it blizzarded for 10 minutes with swift wind-snow, it sleeted, it rained, and then it cleared up and you could see parts of a blue sky right at the end of the day, then on my drive hoe it drizzled. Then when we stepped out the door to run at 6pm it was clear and the warmest temperature of the day - 45 degrees.

We drove over to the track, parked, stretched then headed out on a modified 3 mile loop - where I got us off of the main road as much as possible and it was only 2.5 miles. It was nice having a running buddy and chatted and ran at 10:00 mile pace for those 2.5 miles. It was very enjoyable and a very nice, easy run. I was surprised at home good the run felt. We got back to the track and went to do another mile and kept talking away. Before the final lap was over we decided to run another 2 laps since we both felt great  and since the weather and temperature was perfect. We finished up 4 miles in about 40 minutes and then walked 2 additional laps. Total Workout: 4.5 miles.

We both still felt good but did call it quits. She is going to try to do a 15 miler this weekend and encouraged me to join for the 10 miler. Her encouragement actually left me feeling like I should do the 10 mile race on Saturday - and I am thinking more about doing it especially since I need to get a 10 miler in during my training for the Half. I have already done 7 so I could foreseeably do 10, especially given how great I felt from today's run I think it entirely possible. Those 4 miles went by like a breeze and I ended not even feeling like I had exerted any effort.

When I got home Ryan was almost done making dinner so I stopped in the kitchen and watched him cook and chatted with him then we ate together. All in all a pretty wonderful day.

New Miles: 4.5
Total Miles: 683.25
Miles Remaining: 816.75
Weight: 137.8 (post-dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment