Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 miler

Half Marathon training day run - the plan said to run 4 so I went treading with the expectation of doing 4. As I ran along I motivated myself b saying "In just a little bit I'll be halfway." but also adding in some thoughts of "If I did 5 miles now I'd be half way." And I reminded myself I just needed to mak it to 4.25 first before I tack on any extra. I ran at 6.5mph (9:13 mile pace) for a solid 4 then I jogged at 5.5 for .2 but then rather than cooling down as planned I decided I could run for longer at 6.0 and so I bumped it up and did a mile at 6.0 - total of running solid for 5 miles and then I cooled down. Total Workout: 5.5 miles in 53:22 861cals 1%.

I then lifted my 5lb weights for a number of reps, did 10 squats with the weights, did 20 push ups, and 100 crunches.

I also am trying to get smarter about my Girl Scout cookie consumption - but it has been so hard to not eat them. So even though I limit quantity each time I eat them to 1 or 2 I have found myself eating them like 3 times a day. This has been bad. I need to remind myself that I need to have better self control. Oh, because I also bought a package of Oreos and they also have been finding their way into my mouth. I used to eat a lot of junk food and then for a while I didn't - but in the past week I have started falling back into my old ways and I need to cut myself off before this turns into the Holidays all over again. I am still eating fruits and other healthy things but these dang delicious cookies are setting me back!

New Miles: 5.5
Total Miles: 694.75
Miles Remaining: 805.25
Weight: 134.0

No comments:

Post a Comment