Sunday, February 12, 2012

Training Plan

For a change I slept in on a Sunday morning, eased myself out of bed, ate some yummy breakfast, watched a DVRed TV show and then looked up the "Run a Half Marathon" training program in my Marathoning for Mortals book to see if I could feasibly train for the March 31 Half Marathon. The training program is 14 weeks long; I should be in the 7th week and have gotten a 7 miler in yesterday. Despite not being on track at all Ryan assured me there was still plenty of time to train for the Half.

And so I figured I had to start somewhere - mainly, on my treadmill - and so I got on and walked .25 followed by a solid run of 3.0 followed by a cool down .25. I ran 1.25 at 6.3 and the final .75 at 7.0mph. 6.3 pace felt comfortable and a semi-run-all-day pace so I pushed myself a bit and bumped up the speed. 7.0 was above my run-all-day pace but didn't feel completely undoable. Total Workout: 3.5 miles in 549cals 1%.

I need to figure out what the rest of this training plan will look like but at least run #1 is complete. 

I then did 100 crunches and 20 push-ups. And rewarded myself with a piece of chocolate and plans to drink a delightful beer whilst watching Downton Abbey tonight.

New Miles: 3.5
Total Miles: 657.5
Miles Remaining: 842.5 
Weight: 133.2

No comments:

Post a Comment