Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tracking Me Down

Ryan actually wanted to go to the track and run -- where there is a field he can do his speed/fast twitch muscle workout. Excitedly I of course joined though my knee was still hurting. I walked a warm-up lap with a few attempts of running and it hurt. But then I stretched a little and started actually running and my knee stopped hurting! I did 1 mile in 8:57. I was feeling good so I kept going at pace and did another lap.

After those 1.5 miles I got my college soccer training program out and looked up the "Lateral Speed and Agility Development" section. I then started running/jogging and doing the LSA activities - high knees, high heels, power skips, backpedals, and lateral shuffles. I did that for at 2 laps (or possibly more). Then I looked up the Sprint Start options - soccer start, staggered start, balanced start, lateral start, crossover start, back step start -- each a way to stand before going all out into a sprint for a prescribed 10 yards. I did mine but ran 30-40 yards. I did 4 of these per lap. I did 2 laps with the final sprint for 100m. I may have done more laps but I lost track... at a minimum I did 1 mile's worth of this LSA stuff.

I then did some of the Agility Drills - zig zags, shuffle drill, skaters, jumps and lunges and squats. Total Workout: 2.5 miles + Workout in about 35 minutes.

My legs felt great. My ankle didn't complain. And it was great to get some non-running outdoor workout time in.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 704.75
Miles Remaining: 795.25
Weight: 133.4

No comments:

Post a Comment