Wednesday, March 7, 2012

i. love. SUNSHINE!

A fantabulous day! It was sunny and warm when I stepped outside - 48 degrees! By lunch time it was 62 degrees! I went on a walk - a bit windy (20-25mph gusts) but still there was a warmth in the air, bright sun, and flowers were already up and out of the ground - a few 6 inches tall, others just a few inches tall. I didn't wear a jacket and felt just fine. It was splendid!

It was very difficult to go into work today and then come back in after my 1 mile walk in ~18 minutes. It's going to be even harder later since I need to work late and so I'll miss a great evening to run outside. But while I was in the sunshine I loved it!

I got home and headed straight to the track to do my "60 minutes" run starting at 8:30. The moon was full, bright and very awesome looking. I said to myself "i. love. MOONSHINE!" - and then laughed since "moonshine" is something in addition to just being a bright moon. (I also decided I need to make "sunshine" a thing similar to "moonshine".) I ran for 2.0 miles without stopping and then wrote my mile times, sipped some water, then got back and did another 2.0 miles solid, repeated the break then repeated the 2.0 miles. After the 6th mile I kept going and for the next 3 straight aways I sprinted the 100m. It was  difficult but a great way to end the running. I then jogged out 100m and walked the final 100m. Total Workout: 6.5 miles in 59:40.

I found that running so many laps on the track angled left the whole time definitely started taking a toll on my left knee. Additionally, I could feel blisters starting to form or at least threatening to do so and my left calf developed a mini-cramp but nothing bad enough to stop the running.

My Mile Split Times:
1 = 8:48
2 = 17:44
3 = 26:46
4 = 35:48
5 = 44:42
6 = 53:40

New Miles: 1.0 + 6.5 = 7.5
Total Miles: 723.5
Miles Remaining: 776.5
Weight: 133.2

(Update 3/8/12: After eating my cereal dinner I then suffered all night and well into the following day with intense stomach/intestinal pains. I am not quite sure what caused this or why it refused to go away. But apparently my torso is opposed to running like I did. Or it at least was unhappy to be rewarded for the effort with milk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment