Saturday, March 3, 2012

Can you dig it?

I spent two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon digging up dirt to clear out a space in the front of our house under our tall steps so our garbage and recycling cans could have a better home. My lower back was working hard, my arms too, and apparently once I stopped and my ankle tightened up I apparently also got some ankle work while I was at it. I also did some squats as my method of shoveling the dirt was very nonconventional. It was very windy (43mph gusts) and it was sunny and then lightly snowy. It was very exhausting. I didn't realize how much so until I went inside and laid down and slept for 1.5 hours and even then it took all my energy to pry myself off of the couch and not sleep.

I spent about an hour in a daze and then, as Ryan cooked dinner, I got myself to walk 2.0 miles to try to walk off some of the soreness I developed from the day at the track and also from today's efforts. Total Workout: 2.0 in 27:56 314 cals 0%. My Kindle kept me company and I listened to music from the 1920s-40s on an awesome radio program I tune into most Saturday nights and I played Fluffy birds.

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 706.75
Miles Remaining: 793.25
Weight: 133.4

No comments:

Post a Comment