Sunday, March 4, 2012

Super Sore

I was super sore and lethargic today - kind of like when you get achey from having the flu. But based on my workout yesterday I knew it was not the flu. After procrastinating for quite some time (including some napping) I got onto the treadmill for the prescribed 8.0 mile run. The only thing that got me on the tready was that I told myself I was only doing 4.0. I warmed up a lap then painstakingly ran 2.0 miles. What got me thru that was I told myself I could have a walking break after 2 miles - so I did indeed take one at 2.25 miles for 2 minutes. Then I got back to running at my 6.3mph pace again. I sucked it up 2.0 more miles -all the while motivating myself by saying I could stop at 4.0 (though not really til 4.25).

At 3.75 miles I finally got into the run and felt good. Credit goes to Miley Cyrus "Breakout" which was the first and only song that dug in mentally which allowed me to run physically. So I went thru 4.2 and said to run to 4.4 where I would slow it down to 5.5. But as I got there and did slow down I only stayed slow for about 15 seconds and bumped it back up. I went to 4.8 miles at 6.3 then ran .25 at 5.5mph and then I walked. Total Workout: 5.25 miles 52:42 825cals 1%.

I really need to stop eating all the Girl Scout cookies and drinking so much delicious alcohol as it is cutting into my weight loss progress. I know I need to have better self control but so far I haven't found it.

New Miles: 5.25
Total Miles: 712.0
Miles Remaining: 788.0
Weight: 134.2

No comments:

Post a Comment