Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ankle-versary

On the night of 3/12/2009 was when I broke my right ankle. Friday the 13th is when I found out in the emergency room that my ankle was broken. Finally 3 years later I feel as though my ankle has gotten itself back to where it should be - not only have I been running and it's been fine but also I've worn high heels more and more and it's been fine.

To celebrate my recovery my recovery accomplishments on my ankle-versary I enjoyed a brisk walk outdoors in mid-60 degree temperature.

At night, after a nice time at Theology on Tap, rather than running I did circuit training. I started with various reps of the 5lb weights to warm-up. Then I did 5 sets of the following over the course of 50 minutes while watching the newest episode of The Biggest Loser:
30 sit-ups
10 push-ups
10 kettlebell throws (15lb kettlebell)
30 jumping jacks
10 weighted-squats (15lb kettlebell)
10 weighted-torso twists (15lb kettlebell)

I ended by doing 5 sets of 20 opposite elbow-to-(high)knee-s.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 734.5
Miles Remaining: 765.5
Weight: 132.4

No comments:

Post a Comment