Sunday, March 18, 2012

Journeyed 750!

Getting out of bed was a chore, and like most chores I hesitated to do it. My body was incredibly sore - entire back and arms even my fingertips. I finally got out of bed and Ryan and I went to see my family. Hung out there for a while then went to see his family. We arrived apparently just minutes after his brother and fiance left; so sadly we missed seeing them.

A few hours later I mustered up the courage to go on my 8.0 mile run - as prescribed in the training plan. I was very sore but I did a few stretches and then I went off. Soon enough I did not feel any soreness and it felt rather pleasant to run. I plotted out a 4 mile run on the main road - out 2.25 then back 1.75 to the track. Then I did 4.0 miles at the track. I reached the track in 37:00 (9:15 pace for those first 4 miles). I chugged along feeling decent and celebrating in my head miles 6, 7, and 8. As the laps wound around I  tracked them on my fingers and with mental notes, "I am on lap 2. I have already done 2 miles.".  For the final 4 straight aways I pushed my pace and ran fast. I finished my 4.0 miles at the track in 1:14:00 (9:15 pace for those last 4 miles).

I had planned on just walking home from the track, but I felt pretty good and thought it would be good to keep going to be able to tell Ryan I had run 8.5 miles. And so I lightly jogged/ran home - going that final .5 at a relaxed pace. Total Workout: 8.5 miles in 1:20:50.

Then I grabbed my water bottle and walked around the driveway a few times with one trip half way up the hill. I still felt pretty good though I immediately felt my muscles tightening back up. I then enjoyed two bowls of Cheerios with my 1% milk, banana, Yoplait chocolate mousse whip, and more water. Then I went back to the room I painted and re-put up the curtain hooks and rods and arranged the furniture - so a semi-active cool down.

Only when I wrote up my miles Journeyed from Friday thru today did I realize that I have reached the half way mark of this journey. I knew it was coming but at the moment I accomplished it it was not a thought in my head. At that half way point I was leaving the shoulder of the main road, crossing a parking lot, and pushing thru a turnstile to get myself on to the track. Many miles have been traveled and many miles are yet to come. And I look forward to the rest of my journey!

New Miles: 8.5
Total Miles: 754.5
Miles Remaining: 745.5
Weight: 132.2

No comments:

Post a Comment