Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fast Four, Word

Amazing weather again today - all sun and high 70s. During lunch I walked 1.0 miles. Then I spent all afternoon wishing I was outside. I got home from work and went out on a fast 4 mile run. I didn't plan on running super fast, it just happened.

During the run I felt good and somewhat tired but I kept moving. A few times when I thought about my pace and how quickly I was running I could feel myself be a bit overwhelmed and slow down. So I blocked myself out of my head and I just ran. A few times my right knee hurt a little so I tired to focus on good strikes and that seemed to help. But otherwise I felt rather good and athletic, and excited to get home to find out what pace I had run. I was hoping it was 9:00 minute miles because that would be an improvement of my pace and I was really hoping it was not my regular pace or worse. I finished my 4.25 route in 37:07. After some water I plugged in my time and distance into the Cool Running Pace Calculator and learned that I had just run at 8:44 mile pace!

For many people that is not an impressive pace. And I am sure for my former self that is not very impressive. But for my current self I am quite happy with having strung together 4 miles at sub-9 minute miles!

My body is feeling more and more athletic and today was just a great day to really feel that strength that I am getting back.

Last night I watched my DVR'ed The Biggest Loser and did some lackadaisical circuit training - but I did keep going for the 1.5 hours or so that I watched.

New Miles: 1.0 + 4.25 = 5.25
Total Miles: 760.75
Miles Remaining: 739.25
Weight: 132.2

No comments:

Post a Comment