Friday, March 23, 2012

Tightening My Belt

It was a sunny, hot 80(!) degree day. I went out and bought a bright pink Nathan's Trail Mix hydration belt - with 2-10oz water bottles after having looked at them online all week and after waiting for my local sporting goods store to get it in for me. I was eager to try it out and so I did. It took the first .2 stretch of my run to figure out where to wear it so that it wouldn't move. But after that it was perfect. It felt pretty perfect when I put it on and the water bottles didn't leak when I filled them up - so very excellent and the main worry I had.

I am glad I had my water bottles since at 4:00pm when I went running it was 80 degrees out and felt like a summer day. I practiced using my water bottles while in motion and some additional practice while just walking. Around my second mile I actually developed a bit of a cramp on right right side and so I walked for a little over a minute and hydrated. I felt better and so I got going again. I hit a bit of traffic crossing back over the main road so I lost a little time but it was generally a slow-paced day. I really felt each of those extra degrees. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 30:58. And then I walked .3 miles up and back on my street for a 6 minute cool down where I finished off my water.

I am thrilled with my new running belt! It is going to make spring and summer running so much better.

New Miles: 3.25
Total Miles: 765.0
Miles Remaining: 735.0
Weight: 131.4

No comments:

Post a Comment