Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Sooner You Start

It was in the low 30s and Josh came by to see if I was going to go on a walk. I said yes and that I would be ready in a few minutes. Then a few minutes later the two of us went on a 1.0 mile walk together. It was nice having someone to talk to during the walk. It is nice to learn more about someone you have worked with for 5 years. Apparently he did track and cross country in high school; which is never something I would have guessed.

In the evening I started watching The Biggest Loser and lifting my 5lb weights. I was in my work clothes and slippers and thought myself a comical sight. I looked forward to Ryan getting home from work and either laughing or saying I looked ridiculous. When I opened the door for him still holding my weights he indeed commented on my oddness. Mission accomplished. 

Then I went up and changed into proper work out clothes. I then got onto the treadmill and walked 1.0 at 3% incline while playing Solitaire, but listening to Pandora. I then ran at 6.5mph for 1.0 at 3%. Having survived that with some but not too much struggle I eased the incline down to 1% and ran another lap - bumping it up to 7.0mph for 3/4 of the lap. 

Then I took a water break and got myself ready for a more intense endeavor. Somewhere during my 7.0mph stretch I decided that it would be a great idea for me to run hard again - in intervals. So I readied myself mentally - but I was already quite prepared this time and not scared. I hopped on and ran at 7.0mph, but then I decided that was not a challenge and so I bumped myself up to 8.0mph and ran at that pace for a minute. Once a minute went by I slowed it down to 6.5mph and caught my breath and recouped. When a new lap started so did a new pace. For a minute I found myself going at 8.0mph. Then for one minute at 9.0mph. Between that one and the next time I gave myself a 50 second break - as in the intervening 50 seconds I told myself the sooner I started the sooner I could end. And with ultra-readiness I pressed the button to run at 10.0mph (6:00 mile pace) and I banged it out. I then slowed down to 6.5mph and ran there for a lap of recovery, followed by a final lap still running for another minute, then jogging at 6.0 then 5.5 then walking. Total Workout: 3.5 miles in 36:36 576cals 3% and 1%. 

New Miles: 1.0 + 3.5 = 4.5
Total Miles: 1311.5
Miles Remaining: 188.5
Weight: 131.8 (ugg-a-bug)

No comments:

Post a Comment