Monday, January 7, 2013

Drained Run

I got home from work and changed into work out clothes. I was determined to make myself run. I walked 1.25 miles as a warm-up at 3%. Stretched out a little. Put down the Kindle and Solitaire and cued up Pandora. Then I started out at 6.0mph then bumped it up to 6.5mph and I ran. As I was nearing 1.0 running miles I felt like I was pushing myself to move forward - like I had tired muscles, no energy reserves, no water, and very little motivation. I told myself I had to finish the mile and then I could lightly jog for a lap then walk. But as I finished it a peppy song came on which helped me think I could keep running and so I did. I did another at 6.5. And it was during that lap that I finally broke into a groove, got past those tired and can't-do-it feelings, and felt good running. I ended up doing 2 more laps at that pace, trading off the cool down walk for some good running. Total Workout: 3.0 in 34:32 493cals - walk at 3%, run at 1%.

I then moved to the living room and cued up episode 1 of Season 14 of The Biggest Loser. That's right -- it is finally back -- and, as I am sure they planned with a new year start and all, right when I need that motivation the most. Instead of working out though dinner was ready and so I ate - chicken, yellow rice, broccoli paella. When I finished that up I grabbed my 5lb weights and did all sorts of arm presses and curls and squats and kicks and lunges for much of the rest of the show. Though I did fast forward a lot at the end.. and so probably only did about 30 minutes of a work out. But at least it was better than doing nothing. .


New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 1291.0
Miles Remaining: 219.0
Weight: 129.0 (Woah so many 1s 2s and 9s!)

No comments:

Post a Comment