Sunday, January 13, 2013

Milestone: 1300.0 Miles!

During lunch got outside into the 40 degree day and walked a mile. This freed me up to be able to run in the evening and make reaching 1300.0 miles possible. As I set out to run I hadn't decided whether or not I'd go for it today, but then as I ran and thought about it I knew it had to be today.

My first lap was at a half walk then jog. Then I ran at 6.0mph for a little and then at 6.5mph. I stopped after a mile for some water. I was not feeling into it and was saddened by the fact that it was hard to run one mile when just a few months ago I was running many miles every day at a fact pace. But then instead of just getting down about it I used it as motivation to go on.

Mile 2 was a similar struggle. I tried desperately to get myself to day dream and be unconscious about running. I was able to do so briefly but then it faded away and all I could think about was how difficult it felt to run. But I ran on and for the half mile until mile 3 it felt like it lasted for ages. It felt like 15 minutes of time elapsed but all it was was less than 5. Once I crossed the 3 mile threshold I knew I could just bang it out no matter how crummy it felt. It was reminiscent of early on in this journey and how difficult miles would feel - it was nice to be reminded of that so late in this journey. I was working hard for these miles today and I need to remember that I need to work for what I accomplish - just because I want to run 3.0 miles without a problem doesn't mean I can - I need to put in the effort to get out the reward.

Finally around 3.25 I hit the groove. I found the happy place of not having to constantly think about running. And then at 3.5 I was helped by Mumford and Sons and I was fortunate to have the song last thru the last two laps. The song helped so much that I actually bumped it up to 7.0mph for those final laps as well.

When the song ended I ended my 4.0 mile run and felt so proud of these 1300.0 miles I have journeyed. Every mile is new and a fun challenge and a fun memory. Today's was that I kept going until I found the motivation I needed and then I held on tight.

Total Workout: 4.0 in some amount of time (darn it I forgot to jot it down!) ...somewhere around 35 minutes I want to say at 1%.

New Miles: 1.0 + 4.0 = 5.0
Total Miles: 1300.0!
Miles Remaining: 200.0
Weight: 129.6

No comments:

Post a Comment