Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cold and Crisp

After a nice mid-afternoon coffee time with my former co-worker Matt and his baby (of which just 2 of us drank coffee), I got home and immediately changed and went out for a run. It was 32 degrees with a "Feels Like" of 27. It's funny how a couple of single digit degree days can put 32 degrees into perspective. And I think after shoveling 4 inches of snow from the driveway on Friday allowed my body to realize it needed to and could heat itself while outside. So come today and 32 degrees it felt kind of warm. (Yep, it actually happened - I found freezing cold to  be "not too bad".) 

I wore my Reebok running pants with my neon green shorts on top, with a t-shirt covered by a long-sleeved half marathon shirt covered by my neon green jacket/coat covered by my running vest, with neon green running gloves, and my Champion ear warmer (which was brand new and a $1 purchase from Goodwill a couple months back). When I started my run it was kind of chilly but not distractingly so. The only thing on me that was cold was my nose and cheeks. But somewhere over the 3 miles they warmed up and I was as pleasant as a peach as I ran along. 

My pace started out strong and felt good. About 1.5 miles in my left shoulder cramped up and my left side got a bit of side stitch. I rotated my arm a few times and I think that helped. My pace still felt pressing but not unbearable as I continued on. I passed an elderly couple out for a walk, then a mile later I passed an elderly lady walking her dog and another elderly lady also walking. Apparently today was the perfect weather for elderly people to walk or maybe it was just the time in which I was running.  

Towards the end of my run I could tell I was going slower, but I still felt decently strong. I finished my 3.0 mile loop in 25:14. 

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 1331.0
Miles Remaining: 169.0
Weight: 130.6 (while wearing my pants, shorts, t-shirt, and socks which definitely adds up)

No comments:

Post a Comment