Saturday, November 26, 2011

One Year Runniversary

I convinced Ryan to walk with me on my one year anniversary of this Journey1500. We went to the woods and walked an Eagle Scout trail along the local creek. We wandered about 1.0 miles in the calm of nature on a nice overcast afternoon.

I got home and still wasn't satisfied with my time outdoors so I went to the track. I walked .25 in 4:20. Then I did 1 mile in 8:27. Early on in the mile the two people who had been there when I arrived left and so I had the whole track to myself - a wonderful gift on a peaceful November evening! So I ran my mile appreciating the isolation of just me, the blue sky highlighted with bright pink then red then purple, and the songs on my iPod shuffle. I thought I would just do one more lap at a jogged pace but i was enjoying myself so much that I kept on jogging and did 1.0 miles in 10:00. I jogged another .5 at the same pace and still loving life I discarded my jacket and took off on a quick lap to really soak up the evening, the feeling of the night, the joy of life, and to push myself while I appreciated all that I have accomplished thus far and that I was healthy enough to run. I did .25 in 1:38. Glorious evening in solitude. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in about 30 minutes.

I then did 150ish crunches while watching The Biggest Loser holiday special. I did 150 for certain since I counted those but then I just stayed on the floor for the hour and occasionally did some crunching and leg lifts.

New Miles: 1.0 + 3.0 = 4.0
Total Miles: 517.5
Miles Remaining: 982.5
Weight: 137.6

No comments:

Post a Comment