Thursday, November 17, 2011

Go Speed Pacer

As soon as I got home I put the milk away and then got onto the treadmill for a quick walked mile. Little did I know just what I was about to do to myself - as I kept increasing the pace to see if I could walk at speeds quicker than 4.1mph. It was also in an effort to get the mile over with quickly. I got up to 4.5mph and thought that would be my max. But after a short break to see my visiting mom-in-law who stopped by to bring me some shirts she bought me, I got back on. For fun I increased the pace and was amazed to see I could still walk at 4.8mph (12:30 pace). I know I jog at 5.0mph so this was neat. And then of course out of curiosity I had to tick it up to 4.9 for a bit and then to 5.0 for 1 minute. 5.0 was the limit and anything over that would have forced a jog. So I finished out my mile at 4.9mph.

While walking I realized that the speedwalkers out there are crazy. This was difficult to walk so fast. It required concentration and a tightened core and vigorously pumping arms, so vigorous it was on the verge of flailing. (And so close to being uncontrolled that I bashed my left hand into the treadmill front handrail and it hurt quite a bit.)

Total Workout: 1.0 miles in 13:24 156cals 0%

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 503.5
Miles Remaining: 996.5
Weight: 138.0

No comments:

Post a Comment