Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lights! Camera! Action!

Date night with my sister Bridgette to listen to Sudhir Vanketesh talk about sociological things at Duquesne University. On the way back to the car we looked over the hillside and saw a movie scene being filmed on Pittsburgh's 10th Street Bridge. We stopped for 30 minutes and watched a whole lot of inaction. We stayed until they did another take of the scene - where a hot red car with black stripes supposedly driven by Tom Cruise speeds thru traffic avoiding vehicles/vehicles avoiding him. It was such a nice night under the Duquesne lights looking out over a super bright bridge with a temperature around 60 degrees - it was so refreshing and energizing.

When I stepped in the door I had this energy building inside and it directed me to change into running clothes and run! It must have been the combination of intellectual stimulation, the invigorating fresh air, pent up energy from sitting all day and the gratefulness I had for finally being over all my migraine feelings that urged me on. I ran for 2 miles at 6.1/6.3mph then did .5 at 7.0mph then .5 at 6.2mph then cooled down walking at 4.1mph. Total Workout: 3.25 miles 32:53 511cals.

Still with some energy, and looking forward to a slice of homemade caramel peanut butter cheesecake, I grabbed the 20lb kettlebell and did 10 waist-to-shoulder straight rows then I did 20 full-squat-extension-up-to-shoulders rows then 10 more of the first kind. Feeling like that was something I turned the Journey1500 gym lights out and grabbed water and my cheesecake then relaxed for the night.

Most Motivating Song: Dierks Bentley "Sideways" (3x)

New Miles: 3.25
Total Miles: 477.75
Miles Remaining: 1022.25
Weight: 137.6

Picture of the 10 Street Bridge during the movie shoot: 

No comments:

Post a Comment