Saturday, November 5, 2011

Early Morning "Good Morning"

Earlier in the week I made plans with two friends, Darcy and Nikki, to run early Saturday morning. Well in actuality they made plans and I joined despite the early hour. So I was up before 7am and drove to North Park for a 5.0 mile run. We started at 7:30 and did the 5 miles in 49:03.

As we started the daylight was just starting to take hold and it was interesting to track the change of exchanges of "Good Morning". When we started we would exchange "Good Morning!"s with each person that passed us, and despite the 29 degree temperature there were indeed a decent number of people. And then the lighter it got the fewer people would say "Good Morning!" as we passed. I imagined plotting this on a chart where you could see the correlation between the number of "Good Morning!"s mapped to the brightness of the day. By the end of our run we seemed like the crazy people saying "Good Morning" and half the time we were met with no comment and looks of surprise. I can see the benefit of waking up early and going running just for the camaraderie. 

Despite the chilly start - which required long pants, tucked in T-shirt, long-sleeved hooded running shirt, running sleeveless jacket with hood, safety vest, and gloves - by the end it didn't seem all that bad to be out and about. And to cap off our great start to the day Darcy and I went to Bruegger's Bagels to grab some post-run nourishment - Western Egg Bagel (with 26g protein) and Orange Juice.

I thought I would be super tired afterwards and just want to go back to bed, but alas the opposite happened and I felt so energized and ready to take on the day!

New Miles: 5.0
Total Miles: 486.75
Miles Remaining: 1013.25
Weight: 138.4

No comments:

Post a Comment