Monday, November 14, 2011

And I will walk 500 miles

Lunch walk with Matt my co-worker = 1.0 miles in on an overcast but warm breezey afternoon = 498.25

In the evening it was dark and windy but also 70 degrees and so I told Ryan I was going to go to the track. I asked that he join me so we would do my 500th mile together. He said no and went to take a nap. Then finally, as I went to put on my shoes and leave he said that if I waited until 7pm he would join me. And so I excitedly waited by jogging .75 on the treadmill in 9:31 116cals  0% = 499.0. So now I am all prepped to reach 500 miles with Ryan!

So we went to the track to walk by spotlight. We did 1.0 miles together in Lane 6, completing the mile in 19 minutes. I then did a quick lap on my own in Lane 5. I feel like I saw my watch say I did it in 1 minute but there is no way that is possible (a) since I can't do a 4 minute mile, (b) because I was going fast but not uber-fast, and (c) because it was dark and I probably definitely mis-read my watch. But I do like to think I could do a 4 minute mile, run uber-fast, and read properly. Total Workout: 1.25 miles in approximately 20 minutes.

Most Exciting Thing About the Walk: Ryan walked with me!! Yay! Though while we were walking he told me that the only reason he said he'd walk with me was that he wanted to take a nap and he needed someone to wake him up at 7:05 since his cell phone isn't working, and so he knew that if he said he'd walk with me I'd wait for him. I told him that was mean but that I would take what I can get. The bright side of this is that he knows me well.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 500.25!
Miles Remaining: 999.75
Weight: 139.8

No comments:

Post a Comment