Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Take that negativity!

Excited to run I got home, ate some Cheerios and 1% milk, waited roughly 30 minutes, then ran. Warm-up .25 with a very crucial sports bra change as my old blue Nike one isn't as supportive as it once was. Back on the treadmill with a stronger white and yellow Nike sports bra on ready to go.

I did 1.0 mile at 6.1mph. Short break to stretch a tight hamstring. Then ran 1.0 at 6.2mph, short walk, then ran 2.0 at 6.2mph then jogged/walked for a minute then ran the rest of the mile at 6.2mph. Expecting to be done after 5.0 I jogged then walked and since I still felt good I opted for some run work. So I did 30 second intervals at 6.6mph, 7.0mph, 7.3mph. 7.7mph then one whole minute at 8.0mph -- this got me 6.0 miles. Then feeling in the mood for a nice cool down but not quite ready to stop I did 1.0 mile at 5.0mph jog pace. Then I walked .25miles. Total Workout: 75:56 7.25 miles 865cals at 1% incline.

Most discouraging thought during my run: "I am not even at 3.0 miles and I feel tired; I would barely be thru the first part of the course at this point." Most "Take that negativity!" moment: Being at mile 5.25 and deciding to run hard.

Did 100 crunches. Did 20 push-ups; 10 real. Did 40 on the ball overhead-to-stomach lifts with 10lb weights.

Good decision today: Changed my sports bra.
Bad decision today: Ate Cheerios before running; as I nearly unate them several times.

Most Motivating Songs:
Dierks Bentley "Sideways"
Black Eyed Peas "Pump It"
Fountains of Wayne "Maureen"


New Miles: 7.25
Total Miles: 196.25
Miles Remaining: 1303.75
Weight: 137.6

No comments:

Post a Comment