Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leave me Restless

So I ate a California Pizza Kitchen thin crust pizza for dinner in the hopes of making myself too stuffed to exercise; in an effort to stop myself from doing something before my knee was ready. But when I got back to my hotel room (as I am out of town for work) I felt restless and I felt that urge to exercise. And so within the hour I found myself, knee-brace on knee (like 'in hand' but the leg equivalent) in the exercise room walking.

I set the incline to 1% and went to walk at 4.0mph then discovered that miles per hour doesn't translate precisely between my machine and the treadmill I was on as that was very fast; compared to what I am used to (or perhaps I was just not completely ready for it). So I found myself walking at 3.6mph to get things started. I walked for 0.5 miles then I did a rep of weight lifting; then repeated 4 times.

Part of the way through my co-worker Matt joined me to also lift weights and we discussed our flag football team and the needless drama that's been going on. I was kind of aware of the drama but I guess too focused on being zoned out to notice the intensity; so needless to say that was interesting to be filled in on. I think I must have missed the drama because I have been so focused on running around not re-breaking my ankle or otherwise injuring myself. Sometimes self-absorbtion can be a good thing.

So after getting a good walk in where miraculously my knee did not hurt I satisfied my workout urge. Total Workout: 2.0 miles.

0.5 in 8:21; 15 lb weights 4 sets of 10 each (curls, presses, overhead extensions, straightarm extensions)
0.5 in 8:03; repeat weights
0.5 in 7:52; repeat weights
0.5 in 7:50; repeat weights

New Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 166.25
Miles Remaining: 1335.75
Weight: Unknown; likely 142.0 + 1 pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment