Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shock and Awesome

A balmy 82 degree day with super bright and hot sun beaming and beating down; a great day for a run. One of those runs where you shock your body into working out when the air is so hot to breathe and your body heats up faster than it can cool down.

So I went out and ran a different local route along a road that is along a creek. I did 3.75 miles in 35ish minutes. It is "ish" because though I did track my time I was so delirious by the end that I pressed the split time button rather than stop and I only noticed my error about a minute later. Also any time I stopped but didn't keep moving forward I stopped my watch; so I went out for roughly 45 minutes. I pounded the pavement and pounded my heart and by the end my legs felt like mush.

It was good to see how truly fit I am and where I am in my training. I was supposed to do 8.0 miles today; I managed less than half that. This was a good reality check as I gear up for the Half. I am not nearly as fit as I thought I was, and the morning of May 15 better not be so hot or the only finish line I'll see will be a mirage about half way through.

Despite the fact that today was difficult I definitely think it was good to turn my legs to mush and get out in the heat to truly get my body into summer mode.

New Miles: 3.75
Total Miles: 178.0
Miles Remaining: 1322.0
Weight: 140.8

No comments:

Post a Comment