Thursday, April 7, 2011

Partial Run-Through

In preparation for the Half Marathon I am working on picking out the perfect race outfit. So today I did a partial run-through of what I hope to wear - I wore my new bright, lime green Nike Dri-Fit shirt and my new bright, lime green Nike Dri-Fit shorts. I felt bright and green which means I felt awesome.

I think I know what bra I will wear - a pink/orange Adidas one which has been my go-to bra. And I have new Nike Dri-Fit socks but I failed to do a run-through of those today. I also put the iPod in my armband and tried out some new purple iHip headphones.

From my non-scientific calculations I believe the outfit worked out though my top felt very hot since the more I ran the more I sweated and the more it stuck to me. So I am hoping I either get used to it or it gets better because I discovered I rely heavily on the airflow that I get between my body and my shirt.

As for the actual running, I warmed-up for 0.25 miles walking/jogging then did 1.0 mile at 6.1mph (9:50) then grabbed some water then did 3.0 miles solid at 6.1mph. Then did 0.5 cooling down at 5.0mph then walked at 4.1mph for .25. Total Workout: 5.0 miles in 42:26 597cals 1% incline.

The music was quite excellent this workout (in the order they were heard):
Tim McGraw "Between the River and Me"
Cat Empire "Sly"
The Shins "Sleeping Lessons"
Erin McKeown "Paper Moon"
Craig Morgan "Redneck Yacht Club"
Bruce Springsteen "Pay Me My Money Down"
Dierks Bentley "What Was I Think'"

New Miles: 5.0
Total Miles: 171.25
Miles Remaining: 1328.75
Weight: 139.6


(Both are as bright as the shorts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment