Friday, April 22, 2011

Mile 200!

3.0 mile run in 30:30 357cals; .5 at 6.2mph then 2.5 at 6.3mph. Then I did the Cross-Fit Workout for the day - where I wanted to throw up after 3 times. The Workout: Set incline to 12% then run for 30 seconds at 5K pace then rest for 20 seconds; repeat 8 times. As Ryan told me about the workout and I told him my 5K pace is the same as my Half pace, because I have no idea what "My 5K Pace" is. So he said, "You can do 5K in 24 minutes if you needed to." I told him that was really fast. So by the time I went to do this workout Ryan came in to help me and put me at 8:34pace 7.0mph to see how it would go. And it went.

It felt like running through sand at top pace with the threat if you slowed down you would go flopping off the back of the treadmill. I did 2 and was gasping for air. I did the third and was sure I couldn't do all 8. But I kept going; hopping off after 20 seconds then back on for 30. Every 20 I spent hunched over gasping. Ryan left then came back for the last two and where he thought it a good idea on the last one to bump up the speed every 5 seconds up .1mph and then the final 10 seconds at 7.5mph (8:00 pace). As he went to do this the first time I said "Don't you dare!" but I could do nothing about it because all concentration was on running. It was a difficult few minutes and I wish don't that workout on anyone, but I will give it credit for being a tough workout.

New Miles: 3.75
Total Miles: 200.0
Miles Remaining: 1300.0 
Weight: 138.8

No comments:

Post a Comment