Saturday, November 17, 2012

Double Running

The weather was spectacular for mid-November - sunny, mid50s - so of course I had to go outside and enjoy the day. Around noon I went out and did a 5.25 mile run in 42:49. I did the 4.0 mile loop but added in the cemetery - which has been on my list of things to do.

In the cemetery I ventured down a long hill then went back up it when I found out it ended at a different road rather than looping around the cemetery. Then I ventured on a different loop which road a hill crest, dipped down, then had me run up a steep hill, but looped me back out near the main road. I then cut through a part of the grass rather than back tracking as at that point it was 1.25 miles in the cemetery and I just wanted to get out of it. Then I went home.

At home I kind of felt like running more, but didn't decide to head back out quick enough to motivate myself to actually do it. So instead Ryan showed me how to throw the 12lb medicine ball he bought me to work on my explosiveness and leg strength. And so for about 5 minutes I threw the ball as many times as possible - throw, run to it, throw run to it - over and over. I then went inside and did several push ups and sit ups.  After all that I got all nice and cleaned up. Then an hour or so later Ryan announced he was going running. I immediately decided to join him. So I put on the same clothes I had just run in -- since why dirty another outfit? And then we did the 4.0 mile loop. We ran at a comfortable pace and got to talk a lot - mostly about math and binary calculations - Ryan's topics of choice. We did the 4.0 in 34:50.

New Miles: 5.25 + 4.0 = 9.25
Total Miles: 1181.0
Mile Remaining: 319.0

Weight: 130.2

No comments:

Post a Comment