Sunday, November 18, 2012

Green and Pink with Envy


Another nice day and plenty of time to enjoy the sun and mid-50s and so at 3pm I went out and did my 3.0 mile loop in 25:41. The most exciting part was my outfit - I became the watermelon runner again - pink capris, green shorts, pink longsleeves, green shirt, watermelon shoes (Adizeros). I also sang a song "Watermelon, watermelon, oh water-water-melon, water-melon, watermelon" ala "Lollipop-lollipop". It was genius lyrics if I say so myself.

I listened to Alec Baldwin interview Billy Joel about his music, and not that I don't like Billy Joel but the interview was not as interesting as I hoped it would be. But for some reason I was too lazy to change the channel. And so I learned a lot about Billy Joel during my run - how he was in a number of bands, made a few records, finally gave that up and became focused on songwriting, and then made a record... I was done with my run before they ever got into him being successful at the whole endeavor, so really I just listened for 30 minutes about a bunch of his false starts and failures. Given my experience I don't recommend only listening to half of a program like this one - because all the parts that discuss finally having the effort pay off was missed. But I guess it was kind of good that way -- it is a reminder that for a long while you may not see results or see how everything you are doing is paying off or how it will pay off. But if it is something you enjoy and you keep at it then perhaps someday it will get even better than you thought it could be. I feel like I am fortunate because I  am on this journey of mine and it requires a lot of effort, a lot of time, and I can feel its benefits. Even if I have an off day or two I am still on the right course with myself and I just got to keep going - feeling like I'm heading in the right direction and hoping to reach my goal.

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 1184.0
Miles Remaining: 316.0
Weight: 128.0

No comments:

Post a Comment