Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Run


To celebrate Thanksgiving and this Journey's Thanksgiving-versary I went outside into the 58 degree sunshiny day and went to run. But as soon as I started walking to the end of the driveway I knew I overdressed and so back inside I went and took off my capri pants and simply wore my shorts. I left my long-sleeved shirt on but upon walking again I already knew it could and should have come off too. But I didn't want to head back so I just headed out.

The run was amazing - the weather was warm and perfect and the sun felt so warm. It was early-afternoon but the sun was low like an evening sun. That is winter-time for you. But I was glad that was the only late autumn/early winter component of my run.

I did my 4.0 mile route and did it briskly. My body felt good and strong and like I was pushing myself the right amount to be able to keep going and do 4.0 miles solid. I got to the half way point in 15:30 (7:45 pace) then turned around and ran back. It being a holiday made the traffic very sparse and so that was I think key in my being able to get to the half way point so quickly - I mostly just had to look for cars and then got to keep going.

It was nice to be hot not from layers of clothes but by the warm sun while running. I was thankful for the amazing weather that had me wearing shorts in late November, thankful for my family that I was going to spend the evening with, thankful for my health, my job - all those things people often say they are thankful for. But in that sun shine welcoming and glaring into my face and warming me up I felt it also warm my soul and truly make me very thankful for just how great my life is.

Total Workout: 4.0 in 31:24

New Miles: 4.0
Total Miles: 1191.5
Miles Remaining: 308.5
Weight: 129.0

No comments:

Post a Comment