Saturday, May 4, 2013

Inconvenient Convention Center

After a day of running around errand-wise Ryan and I wrapped up our final errand in downtown Pittsburgh at the Convention Center getting Ryan registered for the Half Marathon. It tool a while to drive around the convention center and park, with the 1,000s of other participants all ambling for their packets as well. Once we parked we had to walk .25 miles from our car to the registration station. We had been standing in line for about 15 minutes when Ryan checked for his wallet. He didn't have it. Fortunately I was with him so I could easily walk back to the car and grab it (since we knew for sure it was there as I made him make sure he had his ID before we left home). This meant he didn't have to get out of line which was fortunate since the line was rather long and slow.

After grabbing his wallet I brought it back to him then walked around the Expo half-heartedly looking at the gear. The one thing of interest was that they finally took my suggestion and made Half Marathon gear. I complained the last few times that they only had Marathon gear and so I was pleasantly surprised to see some Half gear. The downside was I wasn't participating so buying 2013 Half gear would be silly. The other downside was that they had cool black-and-gold shirts, but in the women's gear they made it black-and-pink. I hate that they pinkify everything when they make it for women! I spent most of my life despising pink, and now I don't mind it and even like it. But for Pittsburgh-themed gear it is unacceptable to change it to black-and-pink. Or you can but also give me the option of black-and-gold.

After that mini-feud, which I did share with Ryan, and about 30 more minutes of waiting to complete the process we left - thus walking back to the car and giving me a 1.0 mile workout. The upside of all the walking was I got a measurable walk in and didn't waste a day not working out. I got home and used USATF to map my walk and confirmed I did at least 1.0 miles.

Total Workout: 1.0

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1457.75
Miles Remaining: 42.25
Weight: 129.6

No comments:

Post a Comment