Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Do By Doing

The "insight" of the day was that I can only "Do By Doing", that is, I can only accomplish my goal if I take action towards meeting my goal. Finishing up this journey by the end of next week is pretty much impossible at this point. But it would definitely be impossible if I don't get myself to cover some miles.

So after coaching soccer practice with temps in the mid-80s, and after taking out the recyling, I laid half on the ottoman and half on the couch for 20 minutes looking at Facebook. During that time I thought, "I should have been walking this whole time while I did this." And then I didn't move. I cued up my Coursera course, to stimulate my brain and offset the damage 20 minutes of Facebook did, and I watched a lecture. I started it and then said "Get up!" and I stood and walked to the treadmill and then started walking. I found a way to make myself do by doing. Total Workout: 1.0 miles 14:40 164cals 1%


I stopped and sat down again. When I got up to shower I realized my back was a bit sore, likely from all that standing, awkward laying, and walking. After my shower it felt so great to just sit on the couch and watch TV with Ryan, especially since I could rest easy knowing that I did something I needed to do.

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1468.0
Miles Remaining: 32.0
Weight: 131.8

No comments:

Post a Comment