Thursday, May 9, 2013

Log Jammed

1.0 and supposedly 69 degrees but really hot in the sun. Didn't wear a hat so it was super bright, my eyes were squinty, and it made my eyes tired. walked to try to work out some kinks in my neck/shoulder, but it didn't appear to help.

In the evening I planned on running, and to warm up and wait for Ryan I went out and started cutting the grass. There were dandelions everywhere and I got caught up in wanting to annihilate them so I went over the ones in the garden bed. And soon I heard a clunk and the lawn mower stopped working. Turns out I went over a 4 inch wide log and it was half-split between the blades. At this point Ryan was home so he helped with a mallet and a hatchet to dislodge it; and it half-worked. Then our smart neighbor Dave said we should just remove the bolts that held the blade on. Ryan said, "Well Dave, that would require using your brain." Turns out just removing the blade worked much better than trying to mallet and hatchet the wood. It was a good day for brains over brawn. After that Ryan finished cutting the grass, and by then both of us lost the steam on running. Plus my tummy was hurting and I just envisioned the baby just telling me it didn't want to run today.

And so eventually we went out on a 1.0 mile walk in 17:52 around the neighborhood. It felt good to do something, and my tummy cooperated. So I take that as feedback that the baby likes walking much more than running.

New Miles: 1.0 + 1.0 = 2.0
Total Miles: 1463.0
Miles Remaining: 37.0
Weight: 129.6

No comments:

Post a Comment