Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Like Water I'm Drained

I spent a number of minutes trying to convince Ryan to come running with me. I told him the baby wanted him to join us. Still he said no as he had run during lunch. I told him most of my motivation comes from him saying he'll run with me. He said he noticed my lack of motivation, and that is particularly bad right now. I told him I wasn't sure why -- I know I want to be healthy in general but especially now -- but I can't seem to get myself to do what I know I should do and what I want to do (at least on an intellectual level if not a physical one).

I eventually plodded my way up the hill and moved my body into a run. I 100 yards later I said "Hi!" to a neighbor who has been working on his driveway and mailbox. Then we chatted for 1 minute. Then I kept going on my run and half way down the hill another neighbor was out and I said "Hi!" to him too. He said "Hi!". I also said "Hi puppies!" to two dogs that were barking at me even though I run by them all the time.

I didn't even make it half a mile before I realized I really had to pee. The good thing is the track is close so I swung by there for a pit stop. I contemplated just running at the track or just heading home. And I told myself "No. You have to do this 3 mile loop." And so I said "Ugh." to myself and my decision and moved along. It took me over 1 minute to cross the main road, and I was happy for the break. It really refreshed my already tired legs. I moved along and felt so tired and slow but kept running.

I got to say "Hi!" to a handful of walkers and yardworkers - for a total of 6 - and they all said "Hi!" back. Then a couple in their mid-30s were walking and I took a stab at saying "Hi!" to them even though I knew the odds were low I'd get a return greeting. They pretended I didn't exist even though we were only 20 feet from each other.

I then finished mile 2 and walked for 1 minute. Then drew a deep breath and got back up to speed. During my run my main thoughts were: "I've underestimated how much running while pregnant is going to make me feel like peeing." and "My recent goal of staying fit enough to do 3.0 miles during pregnancy is not going so well.".

For the final hill it usually takes 2 minutes to get from the bottom to my driveway so I told myself I needed to go that pace and push this out. I got to my driveway 1:59 later and felt like I had accomplished something. Then I left my driveway and walked around for 4-5 few minutes, tacking on an extra .25 miles for good measure. Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 30:30 + .25 cool down = 3.25 total.

I also decided today that I would like to finish up my Journey of 1500 miles during my Memorial Day weekend vacation to the lake. It would be a nice place to accomplish my final milestone - it is beautiful, a place full of amazing memories, and most of my friends will be there and maybe could even join me for my last mile. I have my work cut out for me to keep plugging away at these final miles in time to make my goal come true, but it is definitely feasible provided I find some motivation and stop feeling so phyically exhausted by the littlest of things.

New Miles: 3.25
Total Miles: 1453.75
Miles Remaining: 46.25
Weight: 129.0

No comments:

Post a Comment