Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Lunch Time Walk

A ridiculous 77 degrees! Rain-cloudy and a touch of sun momentarily with some nice wind I went out and walked around the area just outside my downtown office building. I walked through the local park, joining the masses of active lunchers. Numerous runners, bikers, walkers were bustling around.

It made me envious of those runners and it put in my head that some day I will do that. It is doable seeing that I discovered my office has a shower in the bathroom. So now I just have to plan and be brave enough to do it.  Breathing in the fresh air and feeling the warmth made me so happy and so it is definitely doable to get out and run during a lunch some nice day. I kind of wish that day was today. But it also made me feel sad that I have to work indoors on days like today - I love being outside on a nice day!

I walked for about 20 minutes and did 1.0 miles, finishing up by walking up the 3 long floors of stairs back to my desk and around the long layout.

I was also proud of myself for not being hit by cars - which is a general fear of mine - worsened by being downtown with loads of drivers (one of which happily sped through a clear red light). This will be good practice for me facing my silly fear since in order to walk I need to cross a number of roads.  

New Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 1438.0
Miles Remaining: 62.0
Weight: 128.6

No comments:

Post a Comment