Saturday, April 6, 2013

Trail & Error

Ryan went on a 14 mile woods trail run in the sunny mid-40 degree day. I went to the track and walked 1.0 miles in 18:23 then I ran 1.0 miles in 10:47 then I walked again but ran 1.5 laps in the final mile - doing those 2 miles in 25:13. I wore my tropical twists and they felt nice on my feet. I was wearing a vest and carrying my phone since Ryan was giving me updates every so often on his course. And I was also wearing my glasses since I didn't think to change into my contacts - which was a bit of a mistake when your body jostles with running. But at least at a slow run it wasn't impossible to have them stay on my face.

The run felt good to be moving but otherwise awkward. And it was slow and easy so that accounts for part of it. But my legs and lungs were like "What is this?" as I think they have forgotten how to handle jog-running. My head and neck felt tight so that was uncomfortable but I think running loosened them up a bit.

It was nice to get outside and moving.

Total Workout: 3.0 miles in 43:26

New Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 1432.0
Miles Remaining: 68.0
Weight: 128.4

No comments:

Post a Comment