Thursday, February 7, 2013

Small Mistakes

44 degrees with a feels like of 39 - turns out walking is much different than running in this temperature. I thought pants, a hoodie, t-shirt, vest, and gloves would be perfect. I step outside and right back in to put on ear warmers. Then I went out. As I left the porch I thought, "Well this is a mistake." but I continued on anyways. About 4 minutes later I put up my hood. I walked in the brisk, chilled air and felt every bit of it. I contemplated running but I had my phone so it would have been awkward. So I just kept on walking, away from my house. I walked for 20 minutes and did 1.25 miles. Then I was happy to get back inside and let my face defrost.

Walking was a small mistake, in that I hadn't realized it would feel so cold (I hope I don't get sick because of it!) and towards the end my right knee started telling me it hurt (darn!). I need to get over these aches and pains so I can get back into proper running.

New Miles: 1.25
Total Miles: 1356.75
Miles Remaining: 143.25
Weight: 128.4

No comments:

Post a Comment