Saturday, February 16, 2013

Face the Cold

Large, puffy white flakes were falling and it was 30 degrees (with a Feels Like of 23) when I stepped out onto my porch. I instantly said, "No. No no. No." and turned around and went back inside.

About 10 minutes later I worked up the courage to go outside again and I just walked thru the cold, trying not to think about it, hoping I'd warm up, and then I started running. I trotted along at a comfortable pace and eventually felt warm enough. I had to tug my base layer down a few times as it would curl up, but other than that all my layers, ear band, and new Nike running gloves kept me warm. I did my 4.0 mile loop in 36:27 -- losing about 30 seconds to having to stand for cars as I tried to cross streets.

The whole run felt comfortable until mile 3.8 when my right side got a minor side stitch - I told it to go away as I was just about done. And it then at least didn't worsen as I finished up my run. I went inside, felt how sweaty I had become, stripped off the sticky and now cold layers and got a shower to warm up. I love the feeling of comfy sweats and a large sweatshirt - which is what I immediately found myself bundled up in for the rest of the afternoon. What a delightful day!

New Miles: 4.0
Total Miles: 1378.5
Miles Remaining: 121.5
Weight: 130.0 (yesterday I weighed 129.8 so that makes me feel slightly better... or should I feel worse?)

No comments:

Post a Comment