Monday, December 10, 2012

Run for Cookies

1.0 walk at lunch in a very strong downpour but I did it with umbrella. It was in the upper 50s - so it was warm and nice despite the fact my legs got very wet. The fresh air was very much needed and very much appreciated.

In the evening I went onto the treadmill and ran. I would have run outside in the rain but the temp dropped sharply and was just 41 degrees by the time I would have gotten outside. So I walked a lap, jogged another, jog/ran 2 at 6.0 then 6.5 and then grabbed a little water. I came back and ran 1.0 solid at 7.0 mph then cooled down, jogging then walking, for one lap. Total Workout: 2.25 miles in 22:44 354cals 1%.

I listened to NPR during my run and continued to listen as I jumped off the treadmill and into the kitchen to bake Christmas cookies. I did that for 3 hours - just rolling dough balls and popping trays in and out of the oven, as I had made all the dough the night before. Then 8 dozen chocolate chip with walnut and pecans, 8 dozen regular chocolate chip, and 8 dozen Russian tea cakes later I finally sat down - and my body was happy. Then I let them join their Snickerdoodle cousins in the freezer as they wait to be called up to action on Christmas. So hopefully standing during all of that burned a few calories, as I definitely taste tested many of my cookies in dough form and then in baked cookie form. My new cookie making hobby is delicious yet disasterous -- so many extra calories that I am not working off. But it's the holidays, right? So can I use that as an excuse to forget everything I have been working so hard for? Probably. But I definitely can't let myself!

New Miles: 1.0 + 2.25 = 3.25
Total Miles: 1234.0
Miles Remaining: 266.0
Weight: 128.4

No comments:

Post a Comment