Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Solitaire-y Walk

After much accidental procrastination and inactivity I got onto the treadmill after Ryan finished up running. I decided I at least needed to walk and so I did. I grabbed the Kindle, listened to really bad pop music on Pandora, and played Solitaire as I walked. I got so absorbed in the game that the first time I looked up I had already walked 1.0 miles. I then started a new game of Solitaire and played a hand that quickly became my enemy - I re-played the hand - the same deal - over and over again determined to find the way that would let me win it. By the time I won I had walked 3.6 miles. I felt accomplished for not being defeated and for having gotten a work out in. I re-realized that if I did a similar thing while watching TV it would be so very easy to walk many many miles.

I rounded out the walk to 3.75 then started running. I started running at 6.0mph then upped it to 6.5mph. Then once adjusted to running I pumped it up to 8.0mph (7:30 pace) and ran for 1.0 miles. Then I cooled down for a lap. Total Workout: 5.0 miles in 64:08 806cals 1%.

New Miles: 5.0
Total Miles: 1140.0
Miles Remaining: 360.0
Weight: 127.0

No comments:

Post a Comment