Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chilly Evening Run

I went to the track and ran a warm-up lap then stretched. Then I ran 1.0 miles in 8:15. It was chilly so I wore my bright green coat and capri-pants. I could see my breath, which was saddening. I realized late in the mile that my feet were numb. After the mile I loosened my shoelaces and that helped some in my second mile as did having more blood pump to them. I completed the 2.0 miles in 16:32. Then I ran/jogged/walked a cool down lap.

The pace felt doable and somewhere between mile 1 and 2 I finally warmed up. I hope it isn't much cooler come race day but I know it will be. I know I'll warm up as I go but I know it's going to be rough waiting around for 30 minutes in the cold prior to running. I am trying to mentally prepare for it now.

New Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 1106.0
Miles Remaining: 394.0
Weight: 126.8

No comments:

Post a Comment